The best sleepovers aren't completely planned but here's some tips to make yours more exciting, xo.
1. Make sure you have a good guest list, and make sure there is a fair amount, if an odd number of people will be there, then someone will probably be left out, even if it isn’t on purpose. (Depending on how big your bedroom is) if you’re inviting 5+ then it’ll be best to have it in a sitting area or lounge and just bring your own duvets.
2. Try to invite people that get along, there is nothing worse than tension at your sleepover.
1. Chose the area you’ll be sleeping in and make sure it has a TV in it and that you’re allowed food in there. Cover the floor in duvets, pillows and blankets- just make it super comfy in general.
2. Wring fairy lights around any shelves or surfaces and turn on lamps (lava lamps are perfect for this!) and make it the right light so that you can still see but it’s still fun.
Food & Drink:
1. For food, get big bowls and fill them with crisps, popcorn, cookies, chocolate and sweets (or for a healthy option- fruit) and set them around the room, do the same with plates of cakes, pop tarts and sandwiches.
2. Order (or make) pizza/sushi/Chinese/Indian.
3. For drinks go for fizzy drinks like Coca-Cola, Sprite, Lilt etc. or make your own smoothies or milkshakes!
4. Ice-cream! It’s an essential. Try different toppings and sauces.
1. Watch movies!
2. Do each other’s nails, make-up or face masks
3. Go on chat roulette/omegle and laugh at all the strange people you come across
4. Play the ‘rating’ or ‘who will’ game (these games are basically where everyone has their own piece of paper and the same colour pen, and you pass the paper around, rating everyone out of ten for their features- this can also cause arguments if you’re with really touchy people. The ‘who will’ game is where everyone sits in a circle and someone asks a questions e.g. ‘who will marry the last?’ and each person writes who they think it will be on a scrap of paper and put it in the middle then read them out at the end.
5. Play truth or dare.
6. Play fluffy bunnies (place marshmallows in your mouth and see how many you can get in before you can no longer say ‘fluffy bunnies’)
7. Rock out to cool music
8. Take tons of weird photos
1. Get box sets of your favourite series, like Gossip Girl, 90210, The Big Bang Theory, CSI, Skins, The Middle, and Desperate Housewives.
2. Romantic Comedies, comedies, party movies, horrors… The best one I’ve come up with are-
Mean Girls, The Woman in Black, Juno, Hide and Seek, Dear John, The Last Song, Sweeney Todd, Superbad, Project X, Fright Night, The Vow, Demons Never Die, Chronicle, St. Trinians, Wild Child
Have a great time!